Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blog #2

While reading these couple pages there were many cool topics to write about. One hot spot I found was when Linda was asked what her earliest memories with language were and she replied "I don't remember but I do remember being tortured by cursive writing exercises" (Linda 64). The cool thing about this is that teachers really didn't have to sit there and teach us that much it kind of comes natural to sound out the words and the speed and stuff will come to you with practice. Which is why they assign you reading assignments each night. This was interesting because I was able to relate to it.
My next hot spot was when they are talking about writing literacies when you first enter college, they asked a student names Wendy and she responded "..learning what reading and writing means in one's life" (Wendy 65). This is interesting because I bet if you asked another student their answer would be different. Each student has a different outlook on writing and literacy in college level. I just want to explore the types of literacies I enjoy because that's the only way I will enjoy what i'm writing at the time.
The next hot spot I found was when a student explained how her personal literacy was affected by her mother. She said "I wanted to capture the attention of my mother the way books did" (Janelle 65). The reason she said this was because her mother enjoyed reading and Janelle wanted to feel like her mother was paying attention to her like her mother did to the books. I totally agree with this and it's a great point because this happens in everyday life.
The last hot spot I found was when they were talking about how our personal experiences affected our literacies. Lauren said "writing is a transformative act...we can make crossings into new intellectual and emotional territories" (Lauren66). This is basically saying that we connect our writing with our emotional and personal experiences. In my opinion this way makes it so much easier to write because it goes with the flow and your though.

No comments:

Post a Comment